Emergency Department Check-In Kiosk For Patients
February 08, 2011
KISSIMMEE, FL – We are very excited to bring technology to our facility’s Emergency Department with the new self-service ED KIOSK (Emergency Department Check-In Kiosk). With billions of self-service transactions taking place each year, today’s patients expect healthcare providers to deliver the same level of convenience they receive from leading retailers, airlines, and hotels. The self-service ED KIOSK offers several benefits:
- Improved patient satisfaction by eliminating the paper ED check-in process
- More efficient check-in process
- Better managed information
- Instructions are available in both English and Spanish
- Accurate and automated capture of patient arrival time
Using the ED KIOSK is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Patients will select either English or Spanish.
2. Patients will select which option they will use to enter information:
- Swipe a Credit Card,
- Scan a Florida Driver’s License, or
- Manually enter the requested information.
3. Patients will enter the reason for their visit.
The ED KIOSK will be available at our facility on February 17, 2011.
*No patient information is stored in the ED KIOSK at any time.
About Osceola Regional Medical Center
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a state-of-the-art hospital offering services which include: a 24-hour Emergency Department; 24-hour Obstetrician (OB) Coverage/Baby Suites Maternity Unit; Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Pediatrics; Accredited Chest Pain Center; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Orthopedic and Spine Center; Wound Healing Center; and the Kissimmee Physical Therapy Center. Also included are complete diagnostic, imaging and testing services at the Osceola Imaging and the Breast Care Center. The hospital features a premier multi-million dollar, five-story cardiac care tower housing The Central Florida Cardiac & Vascular Institute. The Institute offers advanced comprehensive heart care from diagnostics and treatment, including open heart and vascular surgery to cardiac rehabilitation. The Institute specializes in minimally invasive procedures, i.e. heart valve and coronary bypass surgeries.Marketing & Public Relations Contact: