If you think you may be experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or 911.
Primary Stroke Center
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a primary stroke center accredited by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization, which accredits and certifies more than 15,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
Chest Pain Center
Osceola Regional Medical Center has received recognition as an Accredited Chest Pain Center (CPC) by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Need help finding a physician?
For routine health matters and check-ups, contact your primary care physician. Regular check-ups with a primary care physician are the best way to maintain good health.
Specialized Emergency Department
The hospital is open 24 hours, 365 days a year with a team of board certified doctors, highly trained nurses on staff, and a full range of specialists on call to take care of most emergencies. The specialized ER, which is also home to the Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center and Pediatric ER Care, is equipped with the latest in emergency technology. The entire unit is networked to a sophisticated central monitoring and lifesaving system (LifeNet Bluetooth Technology) in sync with local EMS responders. There are separate entrances for ambulances and walk-in patients. A medical screening triage system quickly assesses the needs of each patient upon arrival and directs patients requiring urgent and non-urgent care to the appropriate Rapid Treatment area.
Committed to Excellence
- Faster and efficient treatment times
- Rapid Treatment Area for low acuity patients
- Average ER on website by texting "ER" to 23000
- Electronic medical records enables patients to receive a comprehensive discharge packet
- Board Certified ER Physicians
- 24-Hour Obstetrician Coverage
- Experienced nursing team with advanced emergency certifications including NIH stroke scale pediatrics
- LifeNet systems technology where EMS EKGs are transmitted directly to Osceola's ER for review before patient arrives.
Pediatric Emergency Care
Pediatric ER Care program staffs board certified pediatric ER doctors and specialty trained nurses in pediatric emergency care and pediatric advanced life support. It also features a separate pediatric area and treatment room, minimization of pain via utilization of a variety of numbing agents and diversionary techniques and Broselow™ Pediatric System to ensure quick, safe and proper dosing and administration of drugs. For our Excellent Average ER Wait Times and Average Pediatric ER Wait Times, please visit text “ER” to 23000.
Accreditations & Awards
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention)
- Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for consistent quality stroke care. Plus the coveted Target: Honor Roll. Recognized by the American Heart & Stroke Association
- Silver Performance Achievement Award in Heart Failure Program Recognized by the American Heart Association
Broselow System for Acute Pediatric Administration of Drugs in the ED
The hospital’s emergency department has installed the Broselow System to ensure the proper dosing and administration of drugs to children. Pediatric dosing can be difficult, especially in emergency situations, and the Broselow System allows medical professionals to instantly access proper dosing, improve the speed and accuracy in acute preparation and administration of drugs, reduce medical errors and standardizes pediatric dosing so that we can provide our young patients with high quality emergency care, safely.