First in Central Florida to Implant the World’s Smallest Cardiac Device.
Device Provides Long-Term Remote Monitoring to Help Physicians Diagnose Irregular Heartbeats
Meet our Cardiac Electrophysiologists:
What is the Reveal LINQ Insertable Cardiac Monitor (ICM)?
It is a new miniature insertable heart monitor designed to help physicians quickly and accurately diagnose irregular heartbeats.
Who is it for?
The Reveal LINQ ICM Device is:
Small & Minimally Invasive
- The smallest cardiac monitor available (~1 cc), it’s one-third the size of a AAA battery
- Sits just under the skin and requires an incision of less than 1-cm, making it the most discreet cardiac monitoring option
- Wireless technology allows for quick notifications of cardiac distress
- Includes a 3-year battery life and data memory that is 20 percent greater than current monitoring devices
Continuously Collecting Data
- Continuously monitors the heart so that physicians have a reliable snapshot of each patient’s cardiac activity, allowing them to accurately diagnose and monitor each patient
What You Need to Know about Cardiac Arrhythmias
Heart rhythm disorders occur when there is a malfunction in the heart’s electrical impulses that coordinate how it beats, causing the heart to beat too quickly, too slowly or irregularly. Some abnormal heart rhythms may not be serious or life threatening, and others – such as when a patient experiences recurrent fainting, palpitations, unexplained stroke or atrial fibrillation – can be more serious and potentially life threatening.
Need a specialist referral? Consult-A-Nurse!
Consult-A-Nurse is a free service from our HCA Hospitals designed to provide you with physician referrals and health information. You can contact our nurses 24 hours a day by phone at (800) 447-8206.