Our Heart & Vascular Institute's full-service, 60-bed cardiac care tower combines the talents of our highly skilled team of healthcare professionals who are dedicated to diagnosing, treating and preventing cardiovascular disease. We're the only accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI in Osceola County, signifying that we can open a heart vessel within 90 minutes.
Recognitions and Accreditations
- Only full-service heart hospital in Osceola County
- Only accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI in Osceola County
- Only Cardiovascular Surgery (Open Heart) program in Osceola County
- Only Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center in Osceola County
- Pioneered minimally-invasive mitral valve repair surgery
- One of only a few local facilities certified in carotid stenting
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care®
- Highest “3-star” National Rating in Heart Surgery from the Society of Thoracic Surgery
- Get With The Guidelines (GETG) Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association
- United Healthcare Premium Cardiac Specialty Center
Quality & Innovation Initiatives
“Putting Patients First” is the foundation of our culture and passion for quality healthcare. Many of the initiatives we implement serve as national models for the industry today.
Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS)
The PACS system immediately digitizes diagnostic images such CT and MRI, so they can be stored and electronically viewed on screens anywhere. This enables doctors and other healthcare professionals to access the images and compare new images with previous images with the touch of a button.
Allows Radiologists to report their interpretation of a study directly from the PACS Imaging system by speaking instead of dictating. The physician then reviews the report on screen, makes any adjustments, signs the report and it posts immediately for others to view.
Osceola Regional Medical Center installed this system which digitizes EKG tracings so physicians can review, diagnose and treat heart patients within seconds.