Welcome to the Heart and Vascular Institute
As the region’s only full-service heart hospital, patients no longer need to be referred miles away or face long commutes for specialized cardiovascular services.
As a specialized service of Osceola Regional Medical Center, we provide superior cardiovascular assessment, care, technology and education for the community we serve. Our heart management and surgical programs make us the only full-service heart hospital in the region. From open heart surgery and minimally invasive valve surgery to 256 slice CT imaging, electrophysiology treatment and cardiac catheterization, we have the capability to improve your quality of life more conveniently and effectively than ever before.
When hearts require more, OSCEOLA is ready to give its all.
We’re recognized as Osceola County’s only full-service heart hospital and an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI ready to open blocked heart vessels, such as in heart attacks, in less than the national time average— meaning when you need us most, Osceola Regional Medical Center has comprehensive heart care.
As a specialized service of Osceola Regional Medical Center, we provide superior cardiovascular assessment, care, and education for the community we serve.
- 24-hour emergency services
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- LifeNet system with EMS responders
- STEMI system
- 2 Helipads
- Cardiac CT 80mm 256 slice scan
- Stress testing
- EKG/signal average
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Nuclear cardiology
- Tilt table studies
- Cardiac catheterization
- Radial (wrist-approach) cardiac catheterization
- Angioplasty/Percutaneous coronary Intervention
- Minimally-invasive valve repair/replacement
- Valve Clinic
- Minimally-invasive coronary/cardiac bypass surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Atrial fibrillation surgical ablation (MAZE procedure)
- Atrial fibrillation LAAC/Watchman implant
- Left ventricular assist device implant (LVAD heart pump)
- Aneurysm repair (aortic, ascending thoracic, thoracic, ventricular)
- Automatic implantable defibrillators and pacemakers
- Peripheral angiogram of runoff with stents
- Carotid/Endovascular stents
- Cardiac & Vascular Team
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Success Stories
- Cardiologist FAQs
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cuidado Cardiaco Y Vascular
- Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC)
- Health Info
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device
- Mi Corazón Late al Ritmo de Salsa
- Nursing Units
- Specialized Services
- TAVR Program
- Valve Clinic
Chest Pain Center with PCI
Not all chest pain centers are the same.
Osceola Regional Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center (CPC) with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) by the American College of Cardiology. This means that we are a leader in restoring blood flow during a STEMI (a type of heart attack - the most common and dangerous), and faster than the average national STEMI times of 90 minutes - consistenly! Our multidisciplinary approach starts with our EMS providers sending the patient's heart vital information from the field directly to our Emergency Department through a technology in their ambulances.
In a heart attack, time is muscle. The faster it can be diagnosed and treated, the better the chances of saving cardiac muscle and the patient's life. The accredited Chest Pain Center at Osceola Regional has a dedicated chest pain team with an organized approach to treating heart attacks. The hospital's highly trained and experienced medical professionals work together to offer patients fast and accurate care for chest pain.
Signs and symptoms that you may be having a heart attack:
- Pressure, squeezing, or pain in your chest
- Arm, back, neck, stomach, or facial pain
- Cold sweat
Women often experience other symptoms like:
- Lower chest discomfort
- Upper abdominal pressure or discomfort that may feel like indigestion
- Back Pain
However, did you know heart attacks have” beginnings” and over 50% of patients experience these early symptoms of a heart attack? Don’t wait for heart muscle damage. Learn about Early Heart Attack Care (EHAC).
August 28, 2018 - Practicing this exercise for just 30 seconds can give your cardiovascular health a boost.
1 min Read Time
August 28, 2018 - A recent study showed that a diet high in whole grains may assist in lowering high blood pressure by as much as 20 percent.
2 min Read Time
August 21, 2018 - If you’re eating right and exercising, but still can’t seem to lose weight, some unexpected factors could be to blame. We spoke with bariatric surgeon and obesity expert Thomas Brown, MD, to learn more.
4 min Read Time