Pediatric expertise closer to home
Osceola Regional Medical Center provides highly skilled pediatric experts for even the tiniest patients. Our pediatric emergency department is staffed with pediatric physicians and registered nurses available 24/7 to provide specialized care for children suffering an acute illness or injury or a serious chronic health condition. And, if a hospital stay is required or your baby is born too early or critically ill, your child will be cared for by some of the nation's leaders in pediatric and newborn care through our affiliation with Nemours Children's Health System.
Sometimes, children need extra medical attention and your doctor may order a hospital admission. Osceola Regional Medical Center has designed a NEW Pediatric Inpatient Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), staffed with Nemours Children's Health System physicians to ensure your child gets the care he or she needs close to home from some of the best pediatric specialists in the area.
The new Pediatric Unit and PICU offer a beautiful and modern facility centered on each child’s and their parent’s needs. The units are staffed by Nemours Pediatric Intensivists, highly skilled pediatric nurses and healthcare professionals with years of experience in caring for your most prized possession, while the hospital is also affiliated with a tenured team of local pediatricians.
Pediatric inpatient unit and PICU features:
- Eight colorfully decorated inpatient rooms with color-changing night lights
- Six wild-life decorated intensive care rooms
- 14,000 sq.ft. high-tech and secured inpatient unit and PICU
- Fun playroom to take breaks from their treatment schedule
- Child Life Specialist to help children cope with the challenges of hospitalization and illness
- Special Respite and Lactation Rooms for relaxation and privacy
- Specialized treatment room for exams and minor procedures
- Four isolation rooms
- Nemours CareConnect telemedicine iPad technology for physician consultations when needed
What is an intensivist?
Pediatric Intensivists are doctors specializing in treating acutely ill infant, children, and adolescents. They work alongside pediatricians, primary care physicians and pediatric specialists to provide the best outcome for your child and speed up their recovery time.
We want your child to feel safe at Osceola Regional we have added separate rooms where children can be transferred for any specialized treatment their condition may require. Afterward, they can return to the cozy familiarity of their room.
The Pediatric Inpatient Unit and PICU unit is locked for your child’s safety. When you come to visit, you will need to use the intercom to enter the unit.
What is a PICU?
PICU is an area of the hospital that provides sick children with the highest level of medical care for critically ill children. Continuously monitored towards their recovery, Osceola Regional pediatric and PICU patients' care are overseen by Nemours Pediatric Intensivists day and night.
Pediatric emergency department
At Osceola Regional Medical Center, you will find Osceola County's ONLY pediatric emergency department. We provide compassionate, expert care for the emergent needs of infants, toddlers and adolescents. Our comfortable, child-friendly environment provides:
- A separate emergency department, just for kids
- Child-sized equipment and decor
- Pediatric sedation to help children stay comfortable during procedures
- Staffed 24/7 by physicians, nurses and clinical experts who specialize in pediatric care
- Nemours CareConnect telehealth video access for convenient access to more than 30 pediatric specialties