Pediatric expertise closer to home
Osceola Regional Medical Center provides highly skilled pediatric physicians, surgeons and neonatologists to kids in Osceola County from birth to age 18. Our pediatric emergency department is staffed with pediatric physicians and registered nurses available 24/7 to provide specialized care for children suffering an acute illness or injury or a serious chronic health condition. And, if a hospital stay is required or your baby is born too early or critically ill, your child will be cared for by some of the nation's leaders in pediatric and newborn care through our affiliation with Nemours Children's Health System.
Sometimes, children need extra medical attention or surgical services requiring your doctor to order a hospital admission. Osceola Regional Medical Center has designed a Pediatric Inpatient Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), staffed with Nemours Children's Health System physicians and pediatric surgeons to ensure our kids get the specialty care they need close to home.
Pediatric specialized services
Pediatric Inpatient, Intensive Care and Surgical Services
The Pediatric Inpatient Department and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Osceola Regional Medical Center provide critically ill children in Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana and Celebration with the highest level of care for kids in Osceola County. Our world-class medical care is staffed 24/7 board-certified Nemours pediatric physicians, referred as intensivists, as well as our nurses, child life specialist and other caregivers, specifically trained to meet the unique needs of kids undergoing a serious illness, injury or after surgery - ages newborn to 18 years.
We offer pediatric surgical care staffed by pediatric surgeons from Nemours Children’s Health System. Whether your child has an after-hours injury or a serious
Pediatric inpatient unit and PICU features:
- Private rooms designed to promote an environment of comfort and healing
- Colorfully decorated inpatient rooms with color-changing night lights
- Sleeper sofa in every room for parents to comfortably stay with their child
- Internet and game access
- Fun playroom to take breaks from their treatment schedule
- Child Life Specialist to help children cope with the challenges of hospitalization and illness
- Specialized treatment room for exams and minor procedures
- Nemours CareConnect telemedicine iPad technology for physician consultations when needed
- Family waiting area and
- High-tech and secured pediatric inpatient unit and PICU
Child life specialist
Our Child Life Specialist works closely with children, adolescents and their families to ensure that each child's developmental, emotional and psychosocial needs are met while they are cared for at Osceola Regional Medical Center.
Pediatric emergency department
The Pediatric ER at Osceola Regional Medical Center is open 24/7, day and night, seven days a week, offering lifesaving pediatric and emergency services for children in Osceola County: Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana, Celebration and South Orlando.
We provide compassionate, expert care for the emergent needs of infants, toddlers and adolescents. Our comfortable, child-friendly and parents environment provides:
- A separate emergency department, just for kids
- Staffed 24/7 by physicians, nurses and clinical experts who specialize in pediatric care
- Pediatric sedation to help children stay comfortable during procedures
- Child-sized equipment and decor
- Nemours CareConnect telehealth video access for convenient access to more than 30 pediatric specialties